We Value Our Staff
It is in the interest of the Nursery, the children and the individual that each staff member is given the opportunity to develop their personal skills to their maximum and to broaden their knowledge and skills in caring for children.
We have a keen and enthusiastic team that makes Learning Curve a wonderful place in which to work and learn. Between them they have a large portfolio of skills, qualifications, experience, knowledge, talent, inner resource and commitment.
This is reflected in the way they relate to the children, respecting and taking care of their well-being. They lead by example and are positive role models for the “little ones” in their care.
Our team comprise a qualified nursery manager, a deputy and childcare practitioners who offer individual attention to both the children and their parent/carers.
Each child in our care is assigned a key worker who ensures that their progress and development is professionally monitored and individual records are properly maintained. We actively encourage parent/carers to discuss the progress of their children with us.
To facilitate this, we:
- Hold regular staff meetings and team meetings.
- Encourage staff to attend external training courses, where practical.
- Encourage staff to pass on their knowledge to those with less experience.
- Hold annual staff appraisals.
- Develop a learning plan addressing both qualifications and CPD needs of the setting and of individual staff.
- Promote a positive learning culture within the nursery setting.